1. Why do you think the author chose to name the benevolent Maycomb attorney “Tonya”?
2. What explains Atticus’s obscene rant against the New York Times?
3. What could the adult Dill be referring to when he mentions having visited an establishment called “Studio 54”?
4. Were you surprised by the revelation that Boo Radley went on to have a successful career as a motivational speaker?
5. Do you think Scout regrets losing her virginity to a young Elvis Presley?
6. The character Marty, who appears quite suddenly, bears a striking resemblance to a character from a popular 1985 film. Did you notice any other coincidences like this?
7. In a recent statement made through her attorney, the author has said that if a film adaptation is made, she’d like to see Kristen Stewart being cast in the role of Scout. Who would you cast in the other roles?
8. Though Dill and Scout were “engaged” in To Kill a Mockingbird, by the time Go Set a Watchman begins, it’s Dill and Jem who are engaged. Was there any foreshadowing of this relationship in Mockingbird?
9. When Atticus tells Scout to “go set a watchman,” why does she initially reach for a portable cassette player?
10. Why do you think the author chose to end the book with a suspenseful cliffhanger as Burris Ewell holds Scout at gunpoint? Do you think she’ll choose to publish any further sequels?